Monday, July 1, 2013

No Sugar Check-in- Following Thru with Goals

    I just wanted to check-in with everyone and let you know of my progress. I believe that to be successful with any goal, it's a good idea to have someone or somewhere that you report your accountability to. Now I want to let you all know that even though there have been some times when I have been tempted to slip-up, I have remained true to my goal. Knowing that eventually I'd be checking-in publicly with my success or failure actually made me really think about my resolve in my times of weakness. So this has pretty much been my internal motto:

  We all have times of weakness with things that we struggle with, but I have found that if I take a step back and think for just a moment, all of the sudden, the choice becomes much easier. I've also noticed that the times when I wanted to depart from my goal were the times when I was overly emotional. But instead of drowning my sorrows in a stack of blueberry pancakes, I listened to myself and tried to understand more fully why I was feeling that way and how I could feel better. For some tough days it meant just making it through to the next day, but for others, it meant slowing down or actually making and tackling a long to-do list. 
    Any goal that we are striving for is possible, even when life is a little rough. And when you're done and you've made it to the end, you can sing, hum or yell this song:


Keep going and keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment