Monday, June 10, 2013

Furry Love-They sometimes literally say "I love you"

As I was walking to the gym today, the head of maintenance for our community (who is also a dear friend) asked me how I was doing. It was one of those moments where I knew that he was asking me because he wanted to share how he was feeling. I replied that I was fine for a Monday and then somberly he said that he was feeling low because his dog had to be put down this weekend. As we talked for a little while, my heart hurt for him. And it still does. It also made me realize that our time with these little pups is short. 
   

My little Oakley has saved my life in so many ways and I'm so thankful for her. How easy it is for me to forget how wonderful she is when she is begging for something or peed on the floor (I'm not quite ready to discuss last night's escapades). It's so easy to lose perspective and forget that these little animals are truly one of life's greatest gifts. They honestly don't require much and in return they give you love 100 times what you deserve. So today I'm grateful for the fur-baby in my life. She is loving, kind, affectionate and, as witnessed by the above picture, patient when we put silly hats on her. 

While Oakley tells me she loves me ALL. THE. TIME. with cuddles and wet kisses, this next dog is a little more direct. For your viewing pleasure:
Today, hug your pup and keep smiling!



No comments:

Post a Comment