Friday, June 14, 2013

What Doctors Should Say

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor and I am not giving medical advice.

Phew, now that that is done we can enough the following cartoon. What if medicine was more focussed on HEALTHcare and less focussed on curing sickness? 


This is humorous but true! Most of us know the things wer should be doing to stay healthy but we get lost in the space between knowing and doing. This week I decided to give up meat (like normal life) and processed sugar. WHOA, can I tell you how hard it is to give up sugar?!? I realized I'm a total sugar addict when I started dreaming about chocolate chips cookies just a couple days in. While it's been hard, I'm shocked to see how much better I look and feel. I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way to my month mark, but I'm sure going to try. 
    What goals are you working on? I think that working towards goals gives us a sense of achievement and purpose which definitely increases feelings of happiness. I love it-becoming better makes us happier. It sounds silly and such but it's science. And I love me some science.
    Happy weekend and keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment