Monday, June 24, 2013

Schedule Time to Relax- 10 easy ways


Life can get so busy and distracting sometimes that we could probably all use a little more time to relax and rejuvenate. I'm a big 7 Habits fan and I have to say that my favorite habit was always the last- "Sharpening the Saw." When I worked for FranklinCovey, the parent company for all things 7 Habits, I noticed that most of the people that I worked with struggled with taking time for themselves and their families. I can't remember how many times I used the car analogy; cars need maintenance and fuel or they will stop working and our bodies and minds are no different. We may not think that we have time for relaxation but when you're busy driving around, do you still make time to go and get gas when you're on E? All drivers know that if you don't eventually you'll lose more time walking to a gas station with a gas can than if you had simply taken a few minutes to fuel up. 
    Here are a few ways that I "fuel up" when I feel personally on E.

1.Light a candle and close my eyes and breathe for 5 minutes. Sometimes I even set a timer to make sure I do it for a whole 5 minutes.

2.Take an epsom salt bath. Whenever I do this, my body just feels more loose and clean.

3.Hit the pool for half an hour

4.Go for a walk

5.Write a letter of gratitude to someone I love

6. Say a prayer from the heart

7. Snuggle my pet or someone I love

8. Read a chapter from a book

9. Do a relaxing yoga video

10. Hit up Youtube for some relaxing music

I did a little work for you and found this video which is over an hour or relaxing music. Take a listen




Today, let's take a moment to relax and keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment